Community-Police Relations / Justice Reform
- Listen and learn through people’s stories about their experience with the criminal justice system.
- Inform judicatory delegates about local court processes and jail detainment procedures.
- Inform judicatory delegates about the Collaborative Refresh process.
- Advocate for implementation of the Collaborative Refresh recommendations.
- Advocate for changes in Hamilton County bail and jury selection processes.
- Advocate that more case investigators be hired for Citizen Complaint Authority Division, City of Cincinnati; and funding for policy analysis and development.
- Advocate for public policy initiatives that reduce the local and state prison population.
- Send representative to University of Cincinnati Community Compliance Council, the City Manager Advisory Group for Collaborative Agreement goals and Refresh Recommendations; and to Southwest Region Workforce Investment Board.
- Inform and advocate for use of the MARCC Photo I.D. Card and Services.
- Send representatives and train volunteers to participate in the Court Watch Project and become more knowledgeable about the local judicial process.
Want to know more? Browse our Advocacy Archives for more MARCC history.